The Evolving Genius Room
Located in central Innsbruck, on Bürgerstraße, you can easily come by foot, bike, car, tram or bus with a few minutes’ walk to my new location . Buses and trams stop nearby on Bürgerstraße or Anichstraße (Rathaus), and parking is usually not a problem. More directions on this and getting to the door, come in the registration email.
To register, click on the class name.
Pricing: 15 Euro per class. 8 Week subscription pass: 100 Euro.
|Date||Start Time||Class (CLICK to pre-register / required)||Open Places|
|26 Mar : Tuesday||19:30||Serenity Yin Yoga Class||1|
|29 Mar : Friday||17:30||Restorative Yoga||2|
|02 Apr : Tuesday||19:30||Serenity Yin Yoga Class||1|
|05 Apr : Friday||17:30||Restorative Yoga||2|
|09 Apr : Tuesday||19:30||Serenity Yin Yoga Class||1|
|12 Apr : Friday||17:30||Restorative Yoga||2|
|16 Apr : Tuesday||19:30||Serenity Yin Yoga Class||1|
|19 Apr : Friday||17:30||Restorative Yoga||2|
If you need to cancel your registration for a class, call or SMS me, or click on the the link: Cancel My Reservation.
Description of Classes
Description of classes - Learn more...
- Genius Yoga – This blend of yoga and mental relaxation is designed to access the 95% of the mind that remains blocked to us when we normally use the 5% of our mind in analytical thought, and to experience greater access to creative solutions in our life. In this practice we access our own deep intelligence at the subconscious level through breath, focus and movement, and expand our awareness of the body. This awakens the neurological paths that allow the body’s systems to perform optimally in a coherent way and to activate an elevated awareness. This practice is performed with slow, stepwise motion and instruction. It brings about a mind-body experience that creates: • a relaxed alertness and clarity for sustained concentration • relief from distracting emotions and habits • healing conditions for our mental, emotional and physical bodies More Info (90 min.)
- Restoratives Yoga – This is a special type of yoga that opens and stretches the body through positioning with complete support for muscles, joints and organs to allow complete relaxation for extended periods. The poses are designed to sequentially give specific attention to areas of the body, allowing for deep and sustaining breaths. This brings the mind and the body into coherence with the heart, and in this class, we also elevate our state mind with intentional focus on an uplifting theme, use of mantras and expansion of your awareness beyond the physical limitations of the body. This class is suitable for beginners or advanced students. [75-90 min]
- Yin Yoga – This is a complementary form of yoga to the normal movement and muscle stretching. Yin is about creating opening within the joints and the outer covering of the muscles (fascia) by using yoga positions that require concentration and close attention to the breath in order to achieve a state of stillness within body and mind while we hold the poses for longer periods. This class offers a quiet and reflective practice that stimulates health in joints and organs, and with an uplifting theme for the evening, the mind can reach a high state of clarity, as emotional tendencies fade into the background. The class is suitable for beginners or advanced students. [75-90 min]
- Slow Flow Yo – If you like to stretch and move, this class offers an interesting variation on Vinyasa yoga flow. As we move through a series of positions in slow motion, the body is given adequate time to stretch and open to it’s maximum and reduce overstretching and chance of injury. The class is suitable for beginners or advanced students. [75-90 min]
- YOUniverse Yoga: You and the universe are one. Combining the benefits of Yin and Yang positions, with use of the breath and intention, we move toward that state of universal flow and acceptance of your inner peace as a reflection of the beauty and energy of everything that flows into your life. Stillness, patience, determination and joy in your life become reflections of the way you perceive the world. As Hildegard von Bingen writes: “Inside, you have heaven and earth and all of creation. You are a world – everything is hidden in you.” Our goal is to bring you into your heart through breath-work, deep relaxation and intention, and then to create a state of coherence between mind and heart. A state where the heart is receiving and sending intuitive knowledge that is accessed through the inner-self. This is one of the cornerstones of spiritual knowledge and practice throughout the world today. And when you tap into your coherence between mind and heart, you open the door to an unlimited universe. Suitable for all ages and levels. [90 min]
- Restoratives Yoga – Eine besondere Klasse für entspanntes Dehnen mit Hilfsmitteln und zur Beruhigung des Geistes. Durch die Verwendung verschiedener Hilfsmittel (Decken, Pölster etc.) führen klassische Yogahaltungen zu einer nachhaltig regenerierenden und stärkenden Entspannung. Level 1 (75-90 Minuten)
- Yin Yoga – eine sanfte Praxis von lang angehaltenen Positionen. Der Fokus liegt auf der Dehnung und Vernetzung der Faszien sowie auf dem achtsamen Atem und dem meditativen Geist. Wir lernen einfache, aber kraftvolle Positionen in dieser Praxis; statt Bewegungen zu fokussieren, die auf Muskelkraft aufgebaut sind, gehen wir voll in die Dehnung der Gelenke und Sehnen und wirken somit auf unser unseren Körper durchziehendes Faszien System. Ein gesundes, flexibles Faszien System ist nach neuesten Erkenntnissen genau wichtig für unsere Gesundheit wie die Stärke und Flexibilität der Muskeln. Die Yin Yoga Praxis schenkt dir ein wunderbares neues Gefühl der tiefen Meditation und des Gefühls für deinen Körper. Level 1 (75-90 Minuten)
Course & Playshop Schedule
To register, click on the event. Prices vary by course and playshop.
Special Yoga Sessions: Yoga Your Way!
Specially Designed Classes with Doug
I love Yoga! And in my private sessions with you or your group, we can explore many dimensions of yoga to whatever depth you like. I have been practicing yoga for over 10 years and teaching for over 5 years.
One of my specialties is teaching people new to yoga how to practice. This includes those with health problems, disabilities and people recovering from illnesses. For our sessions together, we look at the holistic goals for the person or group and design our experience from this. I recommend 90 minute sessions, but of course shorter or longer are also options.
Emotional stress, repetitive movement, too much sitting and our regular exposure to toxins are well known to have cumulative negative effects on our physical and mental health. Through yoga practices we can alleviate these effects and help restore your sense of well-being.
I teach in a gentle style, but aimed at the level of the participants, so if you have practiced yoga before, we can go deeper into the experience. Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga are also specialties for me. Attention and encouragement are foundations of my teaching style, and we learn together about exploring limits, “quieting the inner critic” and finding balance in our physical and emotional natures.
Individual or Group Sessions
- For your personal private classes
- For small or larger groups
- Each session helping you towards your goals
- Effective for stress reduction and health
In our Studio, Your Home, Office, Hotels
- Private time in our studio (1-5 people)
- In your home, at your convenience
- Offer stress reduction classes for the office!
- Matts and props are provided
A few ideas for you…
- Introductory classes for learning yoga at your own pace
- Specialized Yoga for recovery after injury or clinic rehabilitation
- Develop your yoga sequencing and safe flow of movement
- Breath techniques for relief from asthma, bronchitis or respiratory illness
- Boost your practice with challenging poses, alignments and modifications
Stress Reduction Yoga
Yoga Therapy for the Back
How to Meditate
Chair Yoga (seated movement)
Classes offered by appointment only.
In Home or Business
Tailoring your Home Yoga Practice
Motivation and Momentum
Group Harmony & Coherence
Creativity for Personal Growth
Classes offered by appointment only.
True Nature Yoga
Powerful Nature Locations
Offered Weekends, Holidays or by special arrangement.
It’s all about you or your group! Let me help you move toward your goals. In our session we can explore the many ways that bring physical, mental and spiritual wellness into your life as we work on the corporal and subtle body.
I help you design and learn to practice the elements of yoga that will be most useful in reaching your goals. You and your friends or family can ask questions, learn the modifications you need in the poses to begin and feel confident. I use the basic practices of breath work (pranayama), the postures and movements (asanas) and the meditative withdrawal from the senses (pratyahara), and adapt these to your needs. Children, seniors and disabilities are never a problem in my sessions – we work with what is.
True Nature Yoga
Practicing yoga in nature is an especially powerful way to bring your intentions to full realization, and I offer this as an option for individuals or groups who are ready to experience the power of a spirit-filled day. We let nature work on us and for us, as we evolve with our yoga.
On a day or a weekend retreat with a few fellow journeyers, there can be many beautiful outcomes. Just consider the possibilities as you allow yourself to find space from all that might hinder your physical, spiritual, and mental growth. You may find that you showed up at exactly the right time in your life to see yourself more clearly. Nature and yoga are gifts to us providing us an edge to evolve. Allow yourself to experience a power-filled day!
Yoga for You!
Individual or Group Sesssions
In our Studio, Your Home or Office
Yoga your way!
- Create your own practice for home
- Strengthen yourself with a program designed for you
- Privately organize classes for friends or businesses
- Use our Studio, your home or your business location
- Enjoy your yoga outdoors in the beauty of nature
- Create a special retreat for a weekend experience
Individuals or small groups – 90 min.
1-2 Persons, Per Session – 50€
First Session, (Schnuppern) – 30€
3-4 Persons, Per Session – 80€
At Home or your Office
We bring the Yoga to YOU! 75-90 min.
Special Theme Sessions – 120€
Yoga for the Office – 250€
Price includes reasonable travel.
True Nature Yoga
Events or Custom Retreats
1/2 Day Retreats – 200 €
Day Retreats – 300 € / Day
Travel time and costs are additional.
Prices include MWST. Pre-payment is required after confirmation of your appointment.